Monday, July 14, 2014

ADK Summer 2014 Experience

Sorry for not posting sooner! After coming home to a sick child and now dealing with a very sick dog because of the heat! I am now finally able to take a few minutes to sit down and type while Aiden takes his nap. 

I had an awesome time at Raquette Lake and learned so much about the Adirondacks that I did not know before.  I met some really great people along the way, Master Teachers, my peers, my professors, and even local tourists that had some kind of local connection to where I was from. The hardest part for me throughout this experience was being away from my family and my son.  Not having cell phone service made it very difficult for me, and I became very excited when we drove into town one day and I had full service!

I learned a lot from the Adirondack Museums and I hope to one day take my son and family there. I also really enjoyed hiking up Black Bear Mountain.  At first I did not think I was going to make it, but I really pushed myself to finish.  The view was amazing!

The Adirondacks offer so much to an educator and can provide an educator with many opportunties for their students to learn.  For one example, the environment and incorporating how to take care of our environment is one way the Adirondacks can be incorporated into the classroom.  It is very important for students to learn about these wonderful natural resources that have been given to us. 

I had an amazing time and I really enjoyed the experience of coming to the Adirondacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment